Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Introducing Amnesty International

The secondary reason why I started this blog is because I want to share my experience. I just jumped onto a new path -- non governmental institutions have long been things that I viewed from far, I never thought that one day I would work for free, but for good at the same time. Things have changed or I have changed or most probably: both -- I applied for various jobs at TASZ and Helsinki Committee, already joined the organizer team of the Pride and also, I am one of the 5 founders of a new group belonging to Amnesty International. Now, I'm going to introduce that one.
The group's main profile is violence against women, but we are not planning to become an emergency service, rather a support service (in terms of legal assistance for example). What is good in this "job" is that I know what I'm doing is important, helpful, and I can also use my art manager qualifications: I already highlighted some of my ideas about events I want to organize. As long as we follow and keep the basic rules and principles of Amnesty, the group has a relatively large autonomy, we can do whatever we want, arrange meetings, hold film screenings, open exhibitions etc. Awesome. I'm enthusiastic enough to make this good.

Actually, I was lucky enough: I never lived through any source of violence, nor did I ever had an aggressive partner, but I do think that without any personal experience I am capable of doing it well. I believe we (the group) can demonstrate the topics through various programs authentically and comprehensively. Fortunately, the office employs hundreds of activists, they are going to be helpful for the work we are doing. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More