Monday, March 26, 2012

Flashlove flashmob in Budapest

DSC_0761It's spring and it's sunday. The weather is just perfect in Budapest for a stroll, moreover, for some love! What else? :)

Exactly from 4 p.m. in front of the church at Deák tér, there a flashmob organized by members of a certain facebook group took place (link here). As an anniversary, it was time to celebrate that a year has passed since the first same-sex kissing flashmob. Now the event was for EVERYONE who independently from sexual orientation or gender identity wanted to express solidarity. Propaganda? I don't think so. Just an action to show we can all love freely. 

DSC_0747

The "essence" of a flashmob is that all participants shall start moving at the same moment. This time the initial stroke was given by the guy in the center by opening the umbrella. (To the end of this blog entry I am going to paste my favorite picture I took today about him.) The whole hugging scene was about 2 minutes long, but these actions are always short. It was creative, cute and I liked the rainbow umbrella :P

Actually, I made the original post to another blog that I'm working on (link here), but since that site deals with the cultural persecutive of things, I thought it would be important to highlight the importance of such an event here. Tolerance, acceptance... expressions that came into my mind when thinking back of this flashmob. It is actually a pretty funny and eye-catching method of awareness campaigning: how to reduce homophobia in a non-agressive way. 

DSC_0751

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More